Anyway, I got most of what I wanted accomplished. We have yet to make it to the movies, but that is because there really isn't anything we wanted to see playing. We are cheap that way. If we haven't been looking forward to it then we don't go. I know in April though I want to Water for Elephants. That's pretty much it though.
We didn't make it to the zoo. I still would like to go, but we just never got around to it. We have done alot of sleeping in, watching TV and Red Box movies and eating.
I was craving greasy mexican food so bad all week. Well, Jacob did his duty and suffered through a meal with me at El Tequila. He has it so rough. I got an enchilada rice and beans with chips and queso. YUMMY! I may have to make him take me there again. Soon. I'm hungry now...
Anyway, we have decided on a dresser, but I'm going to wait a little while longer to purchase it. Once we get that in the nursery I will feel better. It will give me a place to start organizing her clothes and diapers. Right now they are stuffed on a shelf.
Lastly, Jacob took me to Carter's the other day and they had a sale! We each picked out an outfit.
I tried to put the pics of them on here from the website, but it wasn't working.
Oh, and I think I settled on a diaper bag... maybe. A simple tote from lands end.
For you mommas out there what do you recommend? A big bag or a small bag. I am torn. Being a first time mom I know I 'll want to take everything with me just in case, but I also know that I will look ridiculous carrying around a big ol tote everywhere I go. What did you guys do?
Opinions appreciated!
Oh and what bottles do you like best?
Thanks!
Jen

6 comments:
So the diaper bag has been an issue for us. I bought an actual diaper bag and really didn't like it. It wasn't big enough and didn't open very wide. SO then I used my Vera Bradley bag {but kept almost spilling stuff on it and I don't want to ruin it}. So now I use this bag... it's just like a recyclable grocery bag except it's cloth. But it works great! Kind of giant but it's easy to get in and out of and organize things... wow rambling about diaper bags.
For bottles we started out with the nuk and it was fine... except she had lots of gas issues. So we switched to Dr. Brown's and it really helped! Kind of a pain because there are seven billion pieces to clean, but it def. works!
Hope that helps!
Yes! That definitely helps! The lands end one is a simple canvas tote so I hope it works out for us. We are also thinking of just using my old backpack for little outings. We'll see how it goes.
We got a carter's diaper bag ... it's huge, BUT it fits everything I need - diapers, wipes, blanket, nursing cover, pacis, extra outfits (sometimes we have poop explosions), PLUS I don't carry a purse anymore. It was too much of a pain to try to carry two things, so the diaper bag also holds my wallet, umbrella, chapstick, etc. Sometimes it is a pain to carry something so big, but I can fit SO MUCH in it and it's perfect. It has tons of little pockets - some elastic mesh, some plastic with velcro, so there is a place for everything.
Oh!! We like the first years breastflow. If you're planning on breastfeeding, they are supposed to mimic the same actions. It's Edie's favorite bottle, when she has to use one. We used the Nuk for awhile, but they seem to go too fast (even with the slow flow nipples) and Edie would have an upset tummy. Sorry I forgot to answer that lol :)
Thanks for the feedback Meagan! I registered for a small package of those bottles, the playtex drop ins, and Dr. Browns. We'll just see if we get any at the shower and try those. :)
I did a big diaper bag too and always through my wallet and things in there. It's so much easier. For Hudson's first birthday we got him a small backpack because we don't need formula and so many bottles and extra things!
We used Dr. Browns but they aren't my favorite thing! He had acid reflux so I think it was great for that!
Post a Comment