Well, I got the news today that they are cutting positions at my school. Not a big surprise since we all know OK has budget issues just about all the time now. Since I am a first year teacher on a temporary contract I am one of the first ones to get "let go." Things always have the possibility of working out and I may end up still having my job. It's the unknown that is scary. Plus I'll still have to pack up my room, which is sad.
Also, as most of you know Jacob is working on getting his skateboarding ministry going. This year he worked as a bus driver and worked on getting his business together. It is coming together very very very slowly. He is now on the hunt for a new job that will be full time. The more he looks the more we realize how useless a ministry degree is outside of the ministry. VERY DEPRESSING.
Here we sit. 2 college grads. No jobs. Baby due any day. SCARY!
But I do not type this for pity. I have faith that God works for the good of those who love him. God has always come through for us, even in the last minute of things. Like the job I have now. We took a leap of faith moving to Tulsa last year, and he provided me with this job 2 days before school started. So, I will choose joy. I will continue to pray. I will have faith. But I will need encouragement. Please pray for my family as we may be in for a rough journey this summer as we learn to fully rely on God to lead us and take care of us.
With Love,
Jennifer
3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that about your job... especially packing your room. That makes it seem more permanent. I will be praying for you guys!! So glad I was able to see you at the shower. Can't wait to meet your precious baby girl!
Bummer :( I've been through it twice and I know how you feel. But God is always faithful and provides. Prayers for you!
Thanks girls for your encouraging comments! Some days I'm good and have faith, but others it gets really hard and I have my doubts. God is always faithful though. I just need to remember that! :)
Post a Comment