Sunday, July 18, 2010

Know Sweat

This past week Jacob and I went to St. Louis with the youth group. We did service projects that were planned out through the organization CIY. It was so stinkin hot. I literally started sweating just looking at the project. We basically spent 2 days cleaning up this elderly couples' yard (front and back). I mostly pulled weeds and piled up branches. The last day we went and helped out a a homeless pregnant women's shelter. We picked up trash on the campus and did some deep cleaning in the kitchen. After that we went to the St. Louis Arch. It was very compact and hot and... well I was not impressed.

We had a good week though. I was worn out and tired, but it was nice to come back at night and get to gather around with other believers and worship God.

The main thing I learned is that God is all about the relationships that can be built through service not the product. So don't let your focus on getting things done hinder you from serving your real purpose.

God is good. Always growing me even when I don't deserve it.

BIG CHANGE IS COMING. I'll fill you in next time.

with love,
jen

No comments: