That is one reason why I love my job! I still get to experience all those breaks, and now I'm actually getting paid during them! Yay!
School has been going good and it was nice to get back in the routine of things again. My reading groups got shifted around due to one of my lovely co workers moving to Texas. I miss my old students, but I have some really great new ones too. I think I have reading strategies oozing out of my pours... nice visual huh? :)
Christmas will break will be really nice. I hope it snows!
On another note... today at the church we went around with the youth group to houses and passed out fliers for service projects. It was really cold, but we had a good number of students show up which was great! Jacob and I are definitely in need of some encouragement, and this day helped a little. I'm really praying some service projects come out of this so that we can stop talking and start doing! Loving others through our actions! We shall see. I will keep you posted.
A new thing going on right now for Jacob and I is missions. This summer we have decided that we are going to take a mission trip. We are not sure where to yet, but hopefully God will reveal it to us. I have been thinking about doing this for a long time and I know this is something that we need to do before we have kids to tie us down. The only places I have been are Dallas inner city and Mexico. Jacob has been to New York. I want to do something overseas. I have been looking into mostly Asia. I think we have got it narrowed down to either Japan or Thailand. I know a group of people from my home church are going to Thailand so we will definitely be looking into that one. This summer is going to be packed, and we are not sure how we will afford it, but I know my God is BIG and if He is calling us to do this He will provide!
I hope you all are having a fabulous time getting ready for Christmas! May you give lots, laugh much, and hug everyone!
Merry Christmas!
Jennifer
1 comment:
Hey! So I was just wondering when you might be home over Christmas break! We need to get together and catch up! I would love to hear all about your job... and these reading strategies oozing out of your pores!
Post a Comment