Today is my old roommates bday. (Happy Bday Lydia!)
Anyway this got me thinking of my time spent with her and my first roommate Sara Cook.
Sara: The wild girl. They always tell you not to room with your best friend, but Sara and I were a perfect balance. She pushed me to be adventurous and outgoing. She helped me meet so many new people when I knew no one. We had so many fun times together. I think one of my favorites was sleeping in till noon on Monday and then going to eat at Mazzio's pizza buffet. Sara being Sara would always ask, "Can we take the leftover pizza from the buffet home?" They always said yes! We made puppy chow all the time. Popcorn every night. I also remember the first day of class. Sara had a seven and I had an eight. She woke me up blow drying her in our room! I remember sitting straight up and saying, "Umm that's not going to work!" Sara would just laugh, but I loved that I could be brutally honest with her.
Lydia: My second roommate. Completely opposite of Sara! She was so sweet and quiet. I really learned alot about her in that year we spent together. She is a great listener and would sit there on her bed and listen to me gripe every night after work. We had a lot in common that year. We both got engaged and got to share the details of our wedding planning with each other. She likes frozen dark chocolate milky ways and loves her popcorn. She is always up for a good romantic comedy! She is so smart and pushes herself to excel in every class. We are both anal in that way. I wouldn't have traded her for anyone on that floor! Happy Birthday Lydia! I love you!
Isn't college the best. Some of our students are packing up and getting ready to leave. I so miss that period in life. All the freedom of an adult (to some extent)yet not the responsibility!
Happy back to school everyone!
1 comment:
Talk about opposite! Those girls were!! LOL! Glad you loved college so much. I often have dreams about being at Ozark again...living there. I loved it so much and it helped me so much in my walk with Christ. I am so proud of you girl!
Loveya
Steph
Post a Comment