I'm not sure where I am going with this, but we shall see...
I am Jennifer Williams. Raised in Owasso, OK. Went to Ozark and MSSU. I've been married to Jacob for three years.
Life is good, but o so challenging.
I just graduated in May with my teaching degree, but alas I have yet to find a job. Isn't rejection fun.
I have accepted a position as a Literacy Lab Assistant. I get paid practically minimum wage.
This had been a real struggle for me. It is not that we need more money, it is more of a pride issue. I think I am worth more than that. I deserve more than that. This is what God has given me though and to get to the root of it, I never entered this profession for the money. I will still be getting to work with students and most importantly helping them learn how to read, which is my true passion when it comes to teaching.
I still get the jealously bug, and facebook is no help when you see status updates saying I got the job or the interview. yuck. I struggle. Jealousy is an ugly thing.
I start my new job next Tuesday. I pray for forgiveness for my ungratefulness. But will rejoice in the opportunity that lies ahead of me!
This is me... now.
No comments:
Post a Comment